Security professional with many years of experience with the practical application of cryptographic algorithms and protocols. I've helped with the design of protocols and API's within international standardization bodies. Over 30 years of general experience with computers, starting with MSX Basic at an early age. I've developed in Java for as long as the language exists (Kotlin is looking good too). I consider myself a polyglot though, and have learned many computer languages since my Computer Science study.
On the Crypto site I pride myself in giving easy to understand answers on questions relatively low on math. I'll never match the mathematical prowess of some of my peers, but a more practical answer is often called for. And as my picture indicates there isn't that much that escapes my attention. This also results in a relatively high amount of comments and edits. As of 2018 I got elected as moderator on the crypto site - which mainly means I have to keep re-evaluating myself, especially when it comes to closing questions.
My picture displays an owl behind a keyboard, staring through the screen at you. The owl probably is an eagle owl or little owl - depending on his mood. I can get a bit snarky when I'm confronted by somebody acting non-professionally.
Member for 5 years, 1 month
2 profile views
Last seen Jan 10 at 19:28
- Stack Overflow 69.1k 69.1k 1111 gold badges9797 silver badges192192 bronze badges
- Cryptography♦ 64.6k 64.6k 77 gold badges9494 silver badges226226 bronze badges
- Information Security 3.8k 3.8k 1212 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Code Review 792 792 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 99 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 76 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 72 View past notifications
- 68 Are one-time pads crackable in theory?
- 66 What is the difference between .pem , .csr , .key and .crt?
- 65 How to encrypt and decrypt file in Android?
- 58 What are the differences between .pem, .cer and .der?
- View more network posts →