Since the site scope isn't limited to reverse code engineering as such, would it make sense to have a specific tag for questions regarding the reverse engineering of code in particular? I.e. something like ?!

  • When anyone says reverse engineering, pretty much everyone's thoughts jump straight to rce. We should have a ree(electrical), rme(mechanical), and so forth as well.
    – Avery3R
    Commented Apr 16, 2013 at 21:56
  • @MMavipc: or similar to another this topic have only the ones you mentioned, instead of the implied "default" (in the linked question "user-mode" is that "default"). Mind to write up your comment as an answer? You can use [tag:something] as markup (or rather markdown) for tags the way I did in my question above.
    – 0xC0000022L Mod
    Commented Apr 16, 2013 at 22:00

1 Answer 1


In my opinion, whenever anyone mentions "Reverse Engineering," everyone's thoughts jump straight to reverse code engineering. RCE should be implied, unless there are other tags such as for electrical, for mechanical, and so on.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .